LocationTech GeoGig provides a distirbuted version control system for the efficient handling of spatial data.
- manage spatial data in repositories
- import raw spatial data from common formats such as shapefiles, PostGIS, MS SQL Server, and SpatialLite
- import raw OpenStreetMap data and full history, apply mappings to raw OSM data to create specific datastets, and push edits made in geogig to OSM
- track changes to spatial data in a repository with support for history, branching, merging and rollback
- support peer-to-peer distributed version control via pusing changes between repositories
GeoGig is available as both a command line application, and as a Java library.
GeoGig technology is intended for integration with downstream applications (GeoServer extension and QGIS plugin under initial development by Boundless).